September 09, 2023: A weekend of pure automotive passion: races, Concorsi d’Eleganza, and events tailored for all attendees. Plus, free admission to the paddock. October 21st and 22nd, Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli
What is the Italian Speed Festival?
It’s a celebration of the automobile and the passion it arouses, dedicated to Italian cars and, equally, to all the beautiful and exciting cars from around the globe. An event that embodies the pure spirit of the Motor Valley, hosted in the perfect setting of the Misano World Circuit dedicated to Marco Simoncelli.
It’s a celebration for those who want to drive on the track:
- as drivers in the Cavallino Classic Cup, Alfa Revival Cup and Youngtimer Cup
- with your own car, whether classic or contemporary, in dedicated 25-minute slots
- as a passenger in a Dallara Stradale, alongside a professional drive
It’s a celebration for those within the Paddock, where you’ll find:
- the Concorso d’Eleganza dedicated to Ferraris, judged by the public
- Elegance Exhibitions featuring prestigious awards, divided into categories for Italian cars, foreign cars, and Abarth
- meetings and conferences with interesting personalities in the “Teatro della Passione” right in the center of the Paddock
- traditional Romagna cuisine, live music, and more
- live commentary, with a presenter introducing the cars, conducting interviews with drivers and spectators, and live images on the giant screen of the paddock.
In short, it’s a grand celebration where everyone is a star, including the visitors. It marks the beginning of a special week for the Motor Valley, commencing with the Italian Speed Festival of Misano and culminating in Bologna at Auto e Moto d’Epoca.
Being part of this event, either as drivers or spectators, guarantees an unforgettable memory.
Supercars and classic cars hold a distinct charm – one of excitement and the joy of seeing them come to life. Italy, home to cars cherished worldwide for their elegance and sporting charm, deserves a festival that celebrates the many wonders it has created in this field. In the heart of the Italian motor valley, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani, Alfa Romeo, Dallara, Maserati, Abarth, will be showcased both statically, in areas dedicated to Concorsi d’Eleganza, and dynamically on the racetrack. Leading the way, on the beautiful Costa Romagnola circuit, are the Alfa Romeos competing in the final race of the international Alfa Revival Cup series.
However, this event isn’t exclusive to drivers – the joy of track driving is open to all, whether with your own car by booking one of the available slots or riding alongside a driver in the thrilling Dallara Stradale.
“The programme,” says Luigi Orlandini, Chairman & CEO of Canossa Events “is designed to offer participants and the attending public all the pleasures and spectacles that the paddock and the racetrack of a motorsport event can provide. Alongside races, demonstrations, and hot laps for the public, there will be a lively atmosphere in the paddock that will be open to everyone: a Concorso d’Eleganza for competition Ferraris, conferences, encounters, and performances featuring personalities that enthusiasts love.”
The paddock is open to all, offering a diverse and original program designed for those who want to be part of it.
Track trials, on both Saturday and Sunday, will feature cars with diverse characteristics but all equally exhilarating. The highlight is the final of the Alfa Revival Cup, with historic Alfa Romeos fearlessly battling it out, timed trials for racing Ferrari cars competing in the Cavallino Classic Cup, the newborn Youngtimer Cup, and demonstrations of the exclusive Dallara Stradale and Abarth. The two-day program is packed: the public will serve as judges in the Concorso d’Eleganza, which will see a lineup of competition Ferraris of different types and eras. The original and entertaining method of choosing the winning models will transform each attendee into a judge. Additionally, in the “Teatro della Passione” attendees can participate in conferences covering a range of automotive topics, from motorsport to style, and engage with interesting personalities.
Don’t miss the “Elegance Exhibitions”, one dedicated to Italian cars and one to foreign cars, showcasing the most significant and interesting models present.
All these events will be expertly commented upon and broadcasted on two giant screens in the paddock by a professional commentator who, for two days, much like at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, will keep everyone pleasantly informed.
How to participate. Details for drivers and teams and for those who simply want to try the experience of driving on the track.
For all those who want to take center stage on the track, there are multiple opportunities:
- Cavallino Classic Cup (Ferrari competition cars from any era and all types of Ferrari Challenge cars), Alfa Revival Cup (competition Alfa Romeos from 1947 to 1981 homologated for the track), and Youngtimer Cup(competition cars from any brand, produced from 1991 to 2005)
- Fun on Track: Free sessions reserved for Italian and foreign cars, both classic and contemporary, open to all those who want to experience the thrill of the track. 25-minute slots are available, with the option of using transponders for lap time recording.
- Hot Laps Dallara Stradale. Rides will be available aboard the Dallara supercar, driven by a professional driver.